Airside Safety & Compliance Manager
Salary – 35k per annum
Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA) is a thriving regional Airport serving over 1 million passengers per annum from across the region. Our growing reputation for excellence in Passenger, Freight and Business Aviation is leading our business to achieve its Vision of becoming ‘the UK’s most outstanding regional airport’.
At the heart of our business is a story of regeneration as we create opportunity through connectivity to future generations.
Our people and culture are paramount to the creation of the award-winning Airport DSA is today. A great attitude, work ethic and team spirit are key attributes.
In the role of Airside Safety & Compliance Manager you will champion our IMPACT values:
Our IMPACT Values
Maintain a safe and secure environment
If you believe you have the personal characteristics and attributes we are looking for and you would like to join our awarding winning team, playing a part in realising our Vision, please read on…….
About the role:
- Oversight of the safety operational plan; setting long and short term objectives, agreeing priorities for improvements and determining the appropriate performance standards.
- Oversight of all airside safety to maintain compliance with the European & UK regulations to satisfy Aerodrome Certificate requirements.
- To ensure the Aerodrome complies with H&S legislation and best practice, promoting a Just Culture across the airfield and wider airport community.
- To maintain an effective Safety Management Systems (SMS) to ensure compliance with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Aviation Security Compliance.
- To lead and coordinate all investigations for accidents, injuries, dangerous occurrences and near-miss investigations, review any trends and agree on action plans as required. Prepare and submit documentation for incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R. and to be the nominated lead with the insurers.
- To maintain and review Safety Performance Indicators (SPI) looking at lagging and leading indicators and procedure data trend analysis.
- To audit and monitor all airside activities in accordance with core processes and standards, as listed in the Aerodrome manual, to ensure compliance in line UK and European legislation.
- To provide and implement a robust audit process across all airside operations and be responsible for producing and managing the statutory operational audit and reporting schedule.
- Administer the Airport Safety Management System (SaRMS) ensuring that this system is monitored, investigate and update and all accidents, Incidents and Safety concerns ensuring they are closed off, in accordance with the policy.
- Ensure that all airside management procedures, regulated updates, training material and training aids, manuals and other similar documentation are constantly maintained and updated to meet regulated and internal standards.
- Review compliance monitoring audit techniques and activities to ensure use of best practice ensuring the actions captured are resolved and where good practices are found, rewarded.
- Manage the safety document library and ensure all safety documents are regularly reviewed and kept up to date.
- Holds NEBOSH certificate (or equivalent).
- Safety or compliance experience within an airport environment. This could include experience gained within an operational, regulatory or consultancy environment.
- Working knowledge and application of regulated guidelines, including EU regulations, UK regulations.
- Strong written communication skills, particularly the preparation of procedural documents, manuals, formal reports and correspondence with clients.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across the business and with external agencies.
- Strong understanding of risk and control methodologies.
- Strong understanding of audit and monitoring principles.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams where required.
- Proven organisation skills with the ability to deliver to set deadline.
- Highly motivated and able to work under own initiative.
- Commercial understanding.
- Airfield Operations Training would be desirable.
- Pension – 5% employee, 4% employer (increasing up to 6%), including life cover (4 x annual salary.
- Holidays – 33 days per annum
- An option to purchase one week’s annual leave.
- On site free car parking.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Duty Free discount.
- Discounts on holiday car parking and Premium Lounge.
If you believe that you can succeed in this role, then we would love to hear from you, please forward a covering letter and CV to the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
A CRC and five year reference vetting check will be required.
Closing date for applications is 24 February 2020.