The UK’s Best Airport, Which? 2018.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport (DSA) is part of Peel Airports and is the UK’s newest purpose built airport serving a large geographic area East of the Pennines including Sheffield City Region, centred on Sheffield (England’s fourth largest city Sheffield), Yorkshire and The Humber, Lincolnshire, and North Nottinghamshire.
Key facts and figures:
- Population base of 6.2 million people within a 60 min drive.
- High quality passenger experience with minimal queuing times, simple and efficient check-in and security processes.
- Variety of facilities located within one terminal building.
- Great Yorkshire Way opened Feb 2016, the motorway link road from junction 3 of the M18 offering direct access to the motorway network.
- Handled 1.3 million passengers in 2017, fastest growing airport in UK 2015-2017 with 80% growth.
- Currently serving over 55 destinations with TUI, Flybe, Wizz Air, Balkan Holidays, and Crystal Ski.
- Flybe, Europe’s largest independent regional airline, offer connectivity into the European hubs of Paris Charles de Gaulle and Amsterdam, as well as Dublin with onward connectivity to the USA and Canada with Aer Lingus codeshare.
- TUI established a base in 2005 when the airport opened, and will operate direct to Florida from May 2019.
- Wizz Air are currently the largest carrier operating from DSA with over 500,000 passengers served in 2017.
- First-class cargo facilities for scheduled services and ad-hoc movement of goods, capable of handling large freight aircraft.
- Ideally located in the centre of the UK with excellent road links to provide hub facilities for air freight distribution throughout the UK & Ireland including M62 (Hull-Liverpool), M1 (London-Leeds) and A1 (London-Edinburgh).
- Part of Aero Centre Yorkshire, a Peel Group offering consisting of 1600 acres land with planning permission consent for office, warehousing and distribution units. Further details available at www.dsa.aero/aero-centre
Pre-book your on-airport parking and
save up to 70%
save up to 70%