Aviation Development Manager
(Competitive Salary, plus benefits including a Company Car)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join an airport group focussed on growth, supported by The Peel Group, one of the UK’s leading investment and infrastructure organisations.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport is currently one of the fastest growing airports in the UK, having grown by over +40% in the last 12 months alone. Serving the Sheffield City Region and the wider Yorkshire & North Midlands region, the airport offers an award winning passenger experience and has recently benefitted from major infrastructure improvements significantly enhancing the airport’s catchment area.
Durham Tees Valley Airport is a regional airport offering global connectivity for the Tees Valley. Serving the Tees Valley and the North East of England. The airport is seeking to enhance the region’s connectivity, particularly to Domestic and European business destinations along with niche leisure opportunities.
Both Airports are focused on developing broader aviation related activities across Cargo and General & Business Aviation.
Reporting to the Head of Aviation Development, the role is responsible for the profitable and sustainable development of the passenger aviation business at both Doncaster Sheffield and Durham Tees Valley Airports. You will provide effective management of both new and existing customer accounts, playing a key role in the delivering growth in both passenger volume and revenue. The role is based at Doncaster Sheffield Airport.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate an excellent awareness of the aviation industry, preferably with prior industry experience
- Have proven competency of working in a long term relationship based sales role, preferably within the aviation industry
- Be able to demonstrate success within an airline or airport environment, particularly within the fields of route development or
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, with a proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships, both externally
- Be comfortable in working at all levels of an organisation up to CEO level
- Have an ability to develop and present, clear and concise business cases to support and influence commercial decision making
- Display an ability to conduct detailed analysis, using a variety of data sources, developing clear and compelling conclusions. Have an ability
- Be comfortable with developing financial proposals and drafting commercial agreements
- Attention to detail and strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a strong business acumen
- Be educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Advance knowledge of MS Office is essential
- Have a flexible attitude to working hours and hold a valid UK driving licence
You will also be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and a five year background check.
To apply please send an up-to-date CV, covering letter and confirm your current salary level / expectations to Human Resources Department, Peel Airports Management, Heyford House, First Avenue, Doncaster, DN9 3RH, or, e-mail email@example.com
Closing date: 31st March 2017.