Salary – £20k, rising to £21k after successful completion of probation period.
Doncaster Sheffield Airport provides a gateway for the Sheffield City Region to the world. Our vision is simple; ‘To be the UK’s most outstanding regional airport’. If you would like to join our awarding winning team and play a part in realising our vision, please read on…
We are looking for a passionate, customer-focused and driven individual to join our Operations team as a Consort Aviation – Operations Officer. You will contribute to making DSA outstanding by making an IMPACT on our Company Values:
Our IMPACT Values
Maintain a safe and secure environment
- To ensure FBO customers receive an excellent customer service throughout and the services they require.
- Respond to handling requests and ensure all services are anticipated and arranged.
- To marshal and chock fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters safely onto the ramp and to operate a GPU and other ground services equipment.
- To assist flight crew with flight planning and communications and passengers with luggage and associated loading.
- To hold an airside driving permit, adhering to all safety and security procedures.
- To maintain accurate information on the Airport Operations system and other manual and computerized systems.
- To process invoices and payments and other related finance duties.
- To liaise with the Control Authorities and ensure operators have a smooth experience whilst at the airport.
- To liaise with the Airport’s fuel supplier for the provision of efficient aircraft fuelling.
- You will work an operational shift pattern providing cover up to 24 hours, averaging 40 hours per week, including weekends, a flexible attitude to working hours is essential.
- Ensure all operations are completed safely and correctly. Be responsible for your own and others safety.
As you’ll appreciate, it is a demanding and challenging role but one that’s equally exciting and ideally suited to a person who has:
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and undertake hands on tasks to project work as required
- Successful track record of working as part of a team in a process driven environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly Computer literate, numerate and literate.
- A calm, organised and logical approach is required, particularly as you may at times be working alone or remotely from other team members.
- Flexible and adaptable
- Have a motivational approach towards colleagues and work
- A decision maker, with an ability to respond calmly and quickly to any given situation, with effective contingency planning is crucial to this role.
You will also require a full UK driving licenceand five year background check.
- Annual salary – £20,000 rising to £21,000 after successful completion of probation period.
- Hours of work – the airport is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, you will work 40 hours p/week, a 4 on/4off shift pattern, 12 hour shifts, with the flexibility to provide overtime cover as required.
- Pension – 5% employee, 4% employer (increasing up to 6%), including life cover (4 x annual salary)
- Holidays – equivalent of 30 days (including 8 bank holidays), pro-rated to shift pattern, increasing to 33 days
- An option to purchase one week’s annual leave
- On site free car parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Duty Free discount
- Discounts on holiday car parking and Premium Lounge
If you believe that you can succeed in this role, then we would like to hear from you, please forward a covering letter and CV to the HR Department at email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 28 August 2019.