We are opening a new Costa Coffee within Doncaster Sheffield Airport and require the following:
39 Hours Per Week
28 days holiday rising to 31 days (including Bank Holidays)
Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
Discounts in Duty Free
Your shifts will vary each week starting from 2.30am and finishing with the last flights, so it is important you check that you are able to get to and from the Airport at these times.
We’re Costa, the nation’s favourite coffee shop brand, pouring our heart and soul into everything we do and creating moments to remember for our customers, our communities and for each other.
Together we turn sips into smiles, choices into opportunities and passions into careers. Help us spread a little happiness.
As the Store Manager you need to be commercially aware, with the presence and personality to influence the day-to-day business. Along with delivering excellent customer service, you will be expected to lead by example, setting high standards, driving sales and controlling profits. We will expect you to provide a high level of customer service whilst maintaining health and hygiene at all times. You are required to be energetic, enthusiastic, responsible, trustworthy, hardworking and reliable.
- Daily running of the unit.
- Organising staff shifts.
- Ensuring that all members of your team are trained in food/drink preparation, and comply with all aspects of our Health and Safety and Food Safety Policies.
- Ensure all company and unit reports are completed efficiently.
- Company merchandising and standards are adhered to ensuring a consistently high level of store standards are maintained.
- Stock procedures are managed and controlled within agreed targets and policies to ensure minimal wastage.
- Liaise with clients and suppliers on a regular basis to ensure a constant offering of food and beverages of a high quality.
- Communication with your team (and the overall company) recognising the importance of managing staff morale, ensuring all staff are continually developed using the company’s training programme.
Experience and Qualifications
- Health & Safety Qualification.
- Food Hygiene Level 2/3 Qualification.
- Experience of managing a team within catering/retail.
- Computer literate.
- Financial awareness.
- Evidence of stock management and management accounts experience.
- Knowledge of food preparation and a good understanding of what good quality food means to a customer.
The above would be preferred but not essential – training will be provided, candidates must be willing to travel for initial training.
Please Note; all successful candidates are required to provide a full 5 year works history and undergo a Criminal Record Check to comply with Airport Security Regulations.