Airport publishes new Corporate Social Responsibility report
Doncaster Sheffield Airport is delighted to publish its 2019 Corporate Social Responsibility report which looks at the positive impact the airport makes to the local community.
The airport delivers a wide range of benefits to its local communities through responsible investment and a focus on sustainability.
Our CSR philosophy is based upon three pillars of sustainability, communities, environmental responsibility and economic investment.
To date, the airport has seen £300m of investment from the Peel Group, supports 1,000 jobs, and generates £62m per year back into the local economy. Over 100 businesses are located on the airport’s wider Aero Centre Yorkshire site.
The report can be viewed and downloaded here –
Highlights from the report include
- DSA’s Bright Futures primary schools engagement programme
- The airport’s Masterplan to create up to 13,000 new jobs with £1.6bn of construction investment
- £30,000 raised in the last 18 months for its chosen charity Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- £17,000 granted to local community projects since 2015
- A range of environmental initiatives including plans for onsite generation of zero carbon energy through a £3.2m new solar farm, supplying a third of DSA’s annual energy consumption
- Plans for a central leisure and community plaza to support the site and local community growth
- New state of the art advanced manufacturing and logistics site, potential for up to 5,300 new jobs
- A focus on the airport’s heritage
Robert Hough, Chairman of Peel Airports Group and Peel Group Board Member said
“We are delighted to publish this document demonstrating our significant contribution to the local community and economy. The Airport is about much more than going away on well-deserved holidays. It is a beacon for the local area and perhaps most importantly, it provides and creates opportunity for current and future generations
“Our aim for the Airport has always been to drive regeneration, create new jobs, skills, training and opportunity, and boost local growth.
We are creating a place where people can live, work and travel, also a place where businesses come to flourish.
We recognise that it’s a privilege to operate in the community and we take this responsibility across our three core pillars of communities, environmental and economic very seriously.”
The airport and the Peel Group would like to thank the local community and our stakeholders for all your support. You all play a crucial role in where we are today and in realising our bright future for the good of the area”