WH Smith Sales Assistant
Position: Sales Assistant
An opportunity to work within a busy Airport store during our Summer Season. Applying candidates must have full flexibility between the hours of 3.30am-10.30pm, Sunday to Saturday and be prepared for later finishes should a flight delay occur. For applicants that drive there is a charge of £17.50 per month for Staff Car Parking. Applicants must be able to provide a 5 year work/education history and have a current passport or driving licence to be able to qualify for a air side security pass.
Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where no two days are the same, then look no further. We are looking for exceptional individuals used to working in a customer focused environment and highlighting promotions to join our store. Working in a team you will play an active role in providing a positive customer experience and driving sales.
- To always deliver a friendly service, smiling, greeting and making eye contact with every customer you come into contact with.
- Working on tills accurately and efficiently, to provide a positive customer experience.
- Carry out stock replenishment, ensuring all areas of the store remain tidy.
- Working as an active member of the team, supporting colleagues in all tasks.
- Meeting high standards of display and visual merchandising to ensure the store is well presented. Accurately following planograms.
- Demonstrate good product knowledge to customers on key promotions and offers. Approaching customers that may require assistance if you are on the shop floor.
- Targeted on having appropriate Till Point Conversations with every customer to add on sales and increase the average transaction value.
- Some roles will involve pushing loaded trolleys of stock for long distances.
- Experience gained within a retail environment preferred.
- Confident approach towards maximising sales opportunities.
- Flexibility towards working hours, including nights.
- Strong communication skills and ability to participate as a key team member.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Airside pass requirements – valid passport, 5 years continuous referencing, consent to undertake a Criminal Record Check.
Part time, 12 hours per week.
From £4.84 per hour, up to £7.83 per hour.
How to apply:
Please visit the WH Smith jobs site here.