Environment & Community Officer
Salary circa £27k – £30K per annum (depending on experience)
Plus contributory pension scheme
Doncaster Sheffield Airport provides a gateway for the Sheffield City Region to the world. The last year has seen transformational growthand major infrastructure investment. As well as passenger growth the Airport is focused on developing the broader aviation related activities.
This role is responsible for Co-ordinating and implementing environment policies and procedures including but not limited to noise, air quality, public and green transport, waste minimisation, conservation and landscape management in relation to the airports’ aviation activity. You will be involved in future planning and be responsible for green transport initiatives, noise monitoring, reporting, complaint handling and the Sound Insulation Grant Scheme.
You will be involved with surface access, local community meetings and various projects.
A key aspect of this role is to ensure adherence to Doncaster Sheffield Airport’s Section 106 Agreement.
We are looking for an individual who is:
- Able to work autonomously and influence others as this is essentially a stand-alone role
- Proven competency of working in an environment related position
- A degree/diploma (or equivalent) in an Environmental subject
- An excellent all round communicator at all levels
- A confident presenter and report writer e.g. explaining complex environmental topics
- Possess good IT skills and be well organised
A full UK driving licence is essential and you will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and a five year reference check.
If you believe you can succeed in this role, please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter, to, Human Resources Department, Doncaster Sheffield Airport Ltd, Heyford House, First Avenue, Doncaster, DN9 3RH, or, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 24 February 2019